Emma’s Reserve is the private collection of winemaker Emma Gao, with only 2,000 bottles produced per year. This limited edition wine represents the highest attainment of quality at Silver Heights, in Ningxia, and in China.
It is a great wine comparable to Bordeaux Grand Crus. It is layered with fresh black and red fruit flavors and coffee, toffee, white chocolate aromas from the oak influence. Every tertiary notes such as earthiness and cigar are emerging after several years of aging. It has a rounded full body with soft and smooth tannin, delicate acidity and long finish with coffee berry floral notes. Long aging potential.
• 100% organically grown grapes.
• Grapes are 100% hand picked and selected.
• Cold maceration, temperature controlled fermentation.
• Aged in 100% French new oak barrels for 24 months.
• Lees racking. Filtered by traditional Bordeaux methods to preserve complexity.
• Country: China
• Region: Ningxia
• Producer: Silver Heights
• Winemaker: Emma Gao
• Type: Still Red
• Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot
• Vintage: 2017